Some children do really well in studies as well are good in overall activities at school. They are very much interested in studying what is being taught in school. They would be very good at managing their relationships socially as well. They do not need to be told..
” Hey Rohan! You should be doing your homework right now.. don’t waste time.. get your books now and start now with maths! “
They do all their homework by themselves. They are very different from most other kids at school and if you have such a kid, you’re really lucky.
But what if you had to tell your children..
” Rohan! Do your Homework Right Now! ”
It would be definitely frustrating for you, right?
If your find your child doing anything of the following:
- Loses assignments, textbooks, pencils, etc often.
- Does not do homework even after repeatedly telling the child to do the homework.
- Day-dreams very often.
- Has behavioral or social problems.
- Prefers to avoid school very often.
- Loves to play often.
Your child loves to practically apply what is being taught in school rather than just read it and keep it in his mind as some information. Your child loves to experience life as much as possible. This means that your child has the potential to become a very good personality and not otherwise. You must not fear that your child wont be able to match other children of the same age and might fail exams. You must just take a few steps to make sure your child does what you say:
- Be a good story teller. Tell your child stories very often and teach their homework in a simpler way by making a story. Children love to hear stories and they remember stories very often. Especially if your child avoids to do homework, this can be an excellent way to make them study.
- Slowly but steadily.. as they start getting interested in doing homework, make sure you make them study for not more or less than 1 hour.
- Listen to your child more often than not. This way you keep the communication channels open.
- Play with your child as often you can and eat with them whenever possible. Become a child with your child and then become their best friend.
Doing the above will be enough for you to appreciate your child to the next level, especially if you start encouraging him/her that he/she can come out as a winner in life in every way without pressurizing them.